Creating Private Nameservers at NameCheap.com
This demo assumes you have a domain name registered through NameCheap.com, and starts from their home page.
Now let's learn how to create/register private nameservers (or custom nameservers).
Creating (or registering) private nameservers must be done with the domain registry where the domain name resides; to create ns1.yourdomain.com here, the domain yourdomain.com must be at this registry.
1) Enter your NameCheap.com Username and Password here.
2) Then click Login Now!.
You are now logged in to your NameCheap.com account.
3) Click the View link here to see a list of domain names in your account.
4) Then click on the domain name you want to use to create private nameservers... in this case, demo321.info, because the private nameservers we want to create are:ns1.demo321.infons2.demo321.info.
5) Click the Nameserver Registration link here.
6) Choose the new nameserver name here.....
7) ..... then enter the new nameserver's associated IP address in this box (the IP address would have been provided to you by your web host).
8) Repeat the process for your secondary nameserver.
Registering private nameservers requires you to register two separate nameservers (i.e. ns1 and ns2), each with it's own unique IP address.
9) When ready, click the Add Nameservers button to create your new private nameservers.
That's it! the new private namesevers have been successfully registered.
Remember that after you submit your new nameservers and IP addresses to the registry, it can take 24-48 hours for the new nameservers to propagate, after you make these DNS changes (just like for new domain name registrations).
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to register (or create) new private (or custom) nameservers. Remember that the domain name for which you want nameservers created, must reside in this registry.